Thursday, October 1, 2009

Stop Drop and Roll

Roman took his first field trip today, and it was to our local Castle Rock Fire Station. It was a brisk 50 degrees outside, but the sun was shining so it wasn't too bad. The walk from preschool to the station was 10 minutes long and Willow made me carry her the entire way claiming that she COULD NOT WALK!. Awesomeness. So once we got there a fire fighter showed all the kids a big fire truck and everything inside. Axes, ladders, hoses, etc. Then all the kids got to take turns sitting in the fire truck for photo ops. Willow was being a pill this entire time claiming..."I CAN'T WALK!!!" We toured the station, the fire fighter put on all his fire gear and explained how the fire can't hurt him in those clothes and at that moment I happened to glance at Roman and he was grinning ear to ear. I know exactly what he was thinking. He wanted a fire suit....STAT! Everyone marched upstairs to watch a video on fire safety and then we were on our way back to school. Willow still couldn't walk so I put her on my shoulders on the way back. 37lbs of toddler will do all kinds of damage to your back. Once we got back to school the kids had their snacks and played for a bit. Willow and Roman were hugging each other the whole time and I had several moms say to me, "I wish my kids loved each other like that." It was pretty cute. So here's the pics from Castle Rock's finest, and of Willow in her sour mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment